April 12, 2018 at 5:52 PM #7096
- The word ‘denim’ comes from the name of the French city, Nimes. ‘De Nimes’ means ‘of Nimes’
- A pair of Secret Circus jeans cost $1.3 million and are the world’s most expensive jeans
- There was once a car that was completely denim themed
American Motor Company, in collaboration with Levi’s, produced the Indigo Blue Gremlin, that even had denim seats. Nasty.
- Almost 325 pairs of jeans can be made from one bale of cotton
- In the 50s, blue jeans were banned in the USA at places like schools and theatres as they were seen as a form of rebellion
- In Japan, you can buy jeans through vending machines
- Over 50% of denim is produced in China, India, and Bangladesh
- When jeans get washed, the dye fades in a unique pattern. The FBI has used the pattern in identifying suspects and getting convictions
George W. Bush banned jeans in the White House 6 days into his presidency
•poet•book worm•proud Villager• •jesus culture•
April 12, 2018 at 10:13 PM #7099
April 14, 2018 at 3:14 AM #7145
That is the type of car I want to buy. Let them make the denim car again.