Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

merciboku
      Participant

Being shy is a normal thing for everyone but abnormal to keep it that way. Shyness means the fear of social interaction, the feeling of being embarrassed. One can easily overcome shyness with dedicated time and effort including the desire for it. It is possible.

1. Don’t make it known: There is no need to advertise your shyness. It’s not as visible as you probably think.
      2. Change your tone: If you blush when you’re uncomfortable, don’t equate it with shyness. Let it stand on it own.
      3. Avoid low self esteem: Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. Do not allow your inner critic to put you down. Instead, analyse the power of that voice so you can defuse it.
      4. Choose relationships carefully: Shy people have fewer friends but deeper friendships. Make sure you associate with people who encourage you at all time.
      5. Name it: Make a list of all your nervous actions and worries. Name then, plan on how you’re going to eliminate them and move forward.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>  I was once overshadowed by shyness. After I overcame it, I realized one thing and the thing is “shyness kills the inner spirit”. I’m more confident now.</p>

• #6713 Reply

justseyi
      Keymaster

A couple of times. People think they are shy, because they have bad social skills but in reality they aren’t. Sometimes I can’t phantom the concept of shyness. A bold man can be shy in front of a lady, but still speak to a crowd of 10,000.

•poet•book worm•proud Villager• •jesus culture•

• #6717 Reply

irebami
        Participant

Probably because shyness is confused with confidence. I could have the confidence to stand up to a bully but not my brother.

• #6724 Reply

merciboku
        Participant

@justseyi There’s are also people who can boldly talk to 10,000 ladies but shy to speak to one.

• #6725 Reply

merciboku
        Participant

@irebami lol. Well they are often mixed up.

• #6727 Reply

irebami
        Participant

Very true!

• #7083 Reply

Harlesh

Awesome write up dear…

Shyness is the fear to awkwardness especially when people are around you.

Shyness is fear and if one is not ready to face his fears he will end up being in tears…

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Mercified Mercy, this is a positive write up… You are awesome </span>

• #7090 Reply

merciboku
      Participant

@Harlesh That’s very true, Fear of being criticized in an inferior-individuals atmosphere.

Thanks dear. You’re awesome too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: How To Overcome Shyness

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: