Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

mbah
      Participant

I can’t remember the last time I ate a balanced diet! Na so so ‘unbalanced’ diet I dey chop all in the name of saving cost! Still 1k barely lasts for 2 days…

Abeg guys share your own experiences so we can ponder on them and suggest possible solutions.

• Proudly African
      • Proudly Nigerian
      • Proud Educationist
    • #3406 Reply

justseyi
      Keymaster

There was one time 2015 I drank Garri for 2 months  straight!!! It wasn’t an easy stuffs. Like no jokes. 2 bloody months ????????

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  justseyi.

•poet•book worm•proud Villager• •jesus culture•

• #3408 Reply

mariam
      Participant

There was one time like that ooo, I was dry like mad. I had just 200 box with me and it was for my assignment. I clinched to my friend and ate from her that morning, drank garri in the afternoon and just slept like that at night. On getting to class the second morning without eating ooo, we were told that the assignment was no longer necessary after i’ve done it… I felt like just sitting on the floor and cry…

•Nigerian

•Baker

• #3409 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

I will just curse the lecturer.

• #3443 Reply

mbah
        Participant

eeyah… Very painful. Pele but it’s life

• #3412 Reply

hisxcellencie
      Participant

This one is not even about food… I’ve lived some real hard knock life;

those days when Ghetto Lagos was just developing, na we wey suffer am be this. I used to live in a bungalow.. it’s one thing to live in a ghetto and it’s another to live in a bungalow in a ghetto. Whenever it rains like this just be prepared to carry your ghana-most-go to your friend who stays in story building about 5 blocks away if you no want make flood carry your load go.

We couldn’t even use a carpet talk-less of rug. ???? if I hear say we hang clothes for wardrobe. ????

#HardKnockLife #MemoriesBackWhen

Hisxcellencie. ????????

• #3417 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

That’s tough bro. Glad that’s all over now.

• #3442 Reply

mbah
        Participant

Wow! That’s some hard shit bro! Welcome sir o… God bless your hustle

• #3413 Reply

iamecter

There was also a time in my life when I ate two plates of rice and chicken and I backed it up with cold Mirinda…2015 or so just to find out it was all a dream ???? In reality? I had just 20 box. I had to buy Agbalumo and I took one of the seeds a day. Hmm it is well

• #3418 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

Seun you need Jesus

• #3593 Reply

mbah
        Participant

@iamecter I know you are lying but continue????

• #3414 Reply

bibiiee
      Participant

There was a period in secondary school (in Lagos)… My brother and I would trek from Obanikoro to Maryland sometimes with his friends, calling it “fun walk” when in reality it was to save money to eat properly the day after????

• Nigerian
      • Artist
      • Beauty and fashion Enthusiast

• #3419 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

Dear lord. That’s far oh!!!! Really far. Lord Jesus.

• #3444 Reply

mbah
        Participant

Lol! I did it but mine was really kinda fun walk or sometimes we will enter bus and not pay when the conductor forgets to ask us for money.

• #3415 Reply

Tobi

Lol. Am a photographer and there was D’s time I was broke and I got a job offer. I was around o

CMS wen d call came in  andi was to shoot at ajah. Went wt a find used my last cash only for me to get to Abraham adesanya and dey told not to worry. I was mad mad mad. Lmao.

• #3420 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

I will collect money for transport from them. It’s not easy na!!

• #3416 Reply

Toyo

I wasn’t born with a silver spoon but I was born among those whose parents trade in precious metal but did I know that? no, my parents became my spoon instead; sacrificing their meals so I could have a plate worth showing off. I schooled among the best, had the best clothes, best education, shielded from the harsh world. Now I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and all i really wanna do is stay forever. maybe your definition of hard life is different from mine, but while my friends are getting retained and driving around in fleet cars I have to work and read and slave just to make sure I trade in those precious metals and my kids become those I admire even If it means taking the long route, its the destination that is the bulls eye. #lifeishard

• #3421 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

Your hustle (hard work) would pay soon.

• #3445 Reply

mbah
        Participant

Hmmm… So deep!

• #3424 Reply

cyrilo
      Participant

Lol…the people above me though…
      i remember when i was in sec xkul(boarding),there used to be a time we called “AGROS” (the period during our exams and after exams,waiting 4 results)..these period even toothpaste would be so scarce,food in the dining wuld reduce drastically in both quantity and quality,i and my best friend would just be drinking sugarless gari morning,aftanun,evening cuz we thought going to dining hall is a waste of tym and we were also forming 4 gals…the most funny aspect of it all is dat pple used to envy us cuz they thought we were enjoying…
      Another unforgetable experience was during my prescience program at unizik..there was a day hunger beat that i had no uption than to call home and i went to the bank to wait for the money even when i haven’t recieved alert…lol
      #gudmemories

• #3435 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

Those days. Suffering after provisions

• #3446 Reply

mbah
        Participant

Lol!

• #3464 Reply

bibiiee
      Participant

Not pay money ke? Who wants to get beaten???? @mbah

• Nigerian
      • Artist
      • Beauty and fashion Enthusiast

• #3470 Reply

justseyi
        Keymaster

She has mind na. ????

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: Life is hard!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: