Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

irebami
      Participant

There is a bad programming most people switch to immediately they are faced with something new they see as impossible or quite challenging…. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you myths!!!!!

Almost everyweek, I hear jaw dropping opinion and myths on flexibility which  is entirely false. This may be due to ignorance, fear, inability to think logically, lack of faith and confidence, low self-esteem, laziness to try and so on. Worry not, I’ll explain why the myths are wrong.

1. Age acts as hindrance: some people think because they are in their forties, fifties or sixties, flexibility is a no no for them since the flexible people they usually see start their training when they were young. Age matters not with flexibility. It might take longer,  but not impossible.  Surprisingly, some people in their twenties think this too.  If you have an interest in flexible, cancel age as hindrance.

2. You could only be born flexibility: wrong!  Flexibility is easier for some people because of the type of collagen they have around their joints but doesn’t mean other people can’t achieve it too. The only thing it will take is time.

3. Flexibility would make you loose your virginity : this is the dumbest of the dumb sentence I’ve ever heard. The hymen wears off gradually even with walking. Just because you see someone doing the splits doesn’t mean their virginity is at risk. Assuming that, is lack of basic biology knowledge. If an injury would occur while doing the splits, it would be the hamstrings, hip flexor or the inner thigh muscles.
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>4.flexibility is for thin people: your body size is not a hindrance for flexibility. Stretching is a form of working out on its own. You would loose body weight when you start to stretch.</p>
      It is quite normal to look for excuses to discourage you from trying something new. Do away with them and face the task head on. Remember to be careful when stretching and don’t push too hard. One sided cultivation is never right Balance physical flexibility with mind flexibility.

Please comment on other flexibility myths you’ve heard.

• #7670 Reply

Emmanuel

Am too tall ????????????

• #7671 Reply

Emmanuel

Am too tall ????????????

• #7676 Reply

irebami
        Participant

Lol.  Taller people struggle with hamstring flexibility. But hey, I guess I could consider myself tall and I have great hamstrings flexibility.

• #7672 Reply

justseyi
      Keymaster

I’m too tall too ????

•poet•book worm•proud Villager• •jesus culture•

• #7677 Reply

irebami
        Participant

All hail the tall king!  Lol your height wouldn’t affect you gaining flexibility. Tall people doing splits is so cool. The legs form a beautiful long extension. So sir, put aside that mind set.

• #7698 Reply

Emmanuel

I’ll land on my face

????????????

• #7980 Reply

merciboku
      Participant

I’m skinny. I’ll end up breaking my bones. ????

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: 4 Myths On Flexibility

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: